I can not say enough about the great uses for coconut oil. I absolutely love it and find it to fit in nice with my healthy daily routine.
First and foremost, you want to make sure when purchasing coconut oil to choose an unrefined organic coconut oil. If you purchased a refined coconut oil, refined means it has been heated and therefore has destroyed many of the oil’s powerful healing properties.
The reason I started using coconut oil was because I had candida. Candida Albicans is a fungus that can cause weight gain, fatigue, joint pain, and rashes. Candida starts in your gut flora and is in everyone’s body however, if you have taken loads of antibiotics, ate a shit load of sugar or carbs, took oral contraceptives, or were super stressed it can cause a hell of a yeast infection throughout your body. I started to investigate the cures for candida and came across caprylic acid. Coconut oil has caprylic acid and is listed as one of the main products that help with candida. Because of this diagnosis I began to eat 1 TBSP a day and now I continue to do so to ensure that I do not have another flare up ever again. I either put the coconut oil in my shake or I eat it off a spoon.
Other reasons why I love coconut oil:
- Skin Care – helps with inflammation and skin conditions – because of the caprylic and lauric acid it’s great for inflammation and it can be used directly on the skin to help with dry patches & rashes.
- Cooking – use this in place of vegetable oil (throw that crap out) – this can be heated at high temperatures and will stay stable unlike other oils – great for cooking because of the fatty acids these help with antimicrobial, antioxidant, and antifungal properties.
- Losing Weight – The medium chain triglycerides help with losing weight – The healthy fats in coconut oil are said to curb cravings – just 1 TBSP a day is all it takes!
- Oil pulling – This is used to kill bad breath, clean teeth, and fights bacteria – take a TBSP of coconut oil, squish it around in your mouth for 10-20 minutes, once you are done spit in the garbage (not in the sink, it’s oil!).
- Fights heart disease, lowers blood pressure, and balances cholesterol levels- The medium chain fatty acids are said to help fight heart disease and lower the blood pressure and the healthy fats help to lower the “bad” cholesterol, LDL, and higher the “good” cholesterol, HDL.
There is no deficit to using coconut oil. This amazing product has so many uses it’s really worth it to have it at your home. Here is a really cool article from Dr Axe that lists 77 uses for coconut oil; 77 Coconut Oil Uses & Cures.
I really believe that because we are the age of eating processed, refined, non-organic foods that adding this amazing product will really help you begin your health journey.
To learn more about healthy eating, healthy products, and my services please visit my webpage at http://www.recreatingbalance.com.
THANKS FOR FOLLOWING MY BLOG. BE SURE TO CLICK ON THIS LINK TO RECEIVE 20 HEALTHY SNACK IDEAS.